Are Summoning tests open ended?

Hi! Checking through the book, I see that Summoning rolls are apparently not open ended. Or rather, I don’t find the opposite, that they are open ended. I just want to confirm it, so I can change the way I have been using it so far.

Thanks!

Summoning is connected to Sorcery usually and so Sorcery is open Ended. Though Circirnation isn’t. So making the circle wouldn’t be but summoning the creature would be.

Are you sure about that; can you produce a page number? I couldn’t find any mention of Summoning being open-ended and I feel like that would be made explicit if true.

Summoning is connected to Sorcery usually and so Sorcery is open Ended. Though Circirnation isn’t. So making the circle wouldn’t be but summoning the creature would be.

Well, it’d make sense if it was open ended, and I’ll keep using it that way until I find evidence of the opposite. But it struck me as weird not to find the skill listed as magical in the skill index, p. 598. Sorcery is marked as magical, but Summoning isn’t. I guess it might be because Summoning may be used by gifted and not gifted characters.

A possibly interesting option would be to make it open-ended for the Gifted and not for the unGifted.

If the book doesn’t explicitly state that they’re open-ended, then they’re not.