Building a Con Scenario for BE

i can see that, but i think it depends on how we play our Vaylen FONs more than what is written in the Brick. usually, i only have one FON who is actually Vaylen, but the traits and flavor text about the Vaylen society implies quite a bit of intrigue and dissidence within the ranks which may come more apparent when you have multiple Vaylen FON with multiple agendas (as I’m finding as I build my Vaylen homeworld, run by a single clan). i’m imagining the level of competition being almost as much as the human society they attempt to emulate, especially among the clan divide.

When I run the Vaylen, I have a hard time keeping the unified. The natural competitiveness of the game added to the fact that a Vaylen-side FON will be a regular human tends to tease out varying agendas.

-L

right. and I think that every character on either side having an agenda and a weakness makes for a more intriguing game. gives the opponents something to hook into and try to capitalize on, and also helps justify the fiction when one side loses against all odds.

Trait and Skill sheet for the Con

for my Blossoms of Falling Con scenario, i used a trait and skill sheet for all the weird Japanese named traits/skills, etc. which broke down what they could do since i doubted everyone had the blossoms book, knew japanese, etc.

what are people’s feelings about needing a similar sheet for a BE scenario? while the words are all in english and somewhat self-explanatory, would it help players or distract them to have a list of traits and skill descriptions at hand? i seriously doubt everyone at the table will be bringing the brick… (though i’ll have my two copies)… unless my table consists of me, paul and rachel and one more BE obsessed whacko (which i’d be fine with, btw)