BW as a Tool for Writers

Citation please? From Base Humility (in the face of one’s betters) I assumed it just meant a student, but of a better breed than Neophyte Sorcerer. Does Calligraphy come from poring over tomes?

I could swear someone on this board seemed to state it as such (with some authority it seemed). I’ll try and find it. Perhaps it is just the noble version of the neophyte.

This is a super-sweet idea. It’s a lot of work, giving them BITs and tracking how those BITs change in parallel with the story, but it could be incredibly rewarding if you did it. Maybe more trouble than it was worth, but hmm. Maybe worth a try.

Yeah, I think you’ll discover the same thing that the Dragonlance writers did however many years ago. RPGs can be useful for creating characters, but not stories. The rhythm that linear storytelling demands isn’t really well suited to a game since there are many ups and downs that don’t cohere into a narrative arc when translated into prose.

It’s also worth mentioning that, while BW does provide a ton of tools for creating dyanmic characters, there is an implied world in the lifepath system. It’s a good one too, but it may not be appropriate if you have a different setting in mind.