Conflict, teams and helping

So last night we had our first real sesh of MG. It was awesome. We all really enjoyed it.

My question is if mice are on the same Team (alternating actions) in a Conflict can they also Help (give each other Helping dice)?

Last night in the heat of the moment I ruled yes.

Then I thought hang on those mice are busy with their own Actions so I thought no.

But then I read in the book (not sure which page) that team members can Help.

So colour me confused.

cheers

Each describes how they help on the action of their compatriot, and each generates a help die for his team-member taking the action.

Yes, they can (and should) help their teammates. Each mouse on an action. They alternate. On a team with 3 mice, each has one of the three actions in the volley (and the other two ought to help them out, if it suits their interests and such and as per the usual rules for helping). With two mice on a team, one gets action 1 and 3, and the other has action 2 (with action 1 and 3 on the next volley).

Thanks. Sorry maybe I wasn’t very clear. I understand how alternating actions works but my point is that If the mice on a Team are already involved in the conflict (taking their Actions as they come around) then do they have time for Helping when it’s not their Action?

Intuitively I could go either way. But it seems the vibe of MG is about teamwork which leads me towards: Yes they can help, as described clearly by Aramis.

Thanks. Sorry maybe I wasn’t very clear. I understand how alternating actions works but my point is that If the mice on a Team are already involved in the conflict (taking their Actions as they come around) then do they have time for Helping when it’s not their Action?

Intuitively I could go either way. But it seems the vibe of MG is about teamwork which leads me towards: Yes they can help, as described clearly by Aramis.

Your gut was correct. The book, too! Team members are supposed to help one another.

-L

If the mice can help each other in this manner, what is to be gained by dividing into multiple teams?

Accomplishing multiple goals and having multiple dispositions. Sometimes circumstances dictate teams (such as Lieam fending off the snake because Kenzie and Saxon are unaware of it being down in the snake’s den).

I may need to crack my book back open, but I thought each side, not each team, have a disposition and goal.

I don’t think there is such a thing as a “side.” (I say that because I think Luke has specifically pointed this out in another post which I can’t seem to find…)

Okay, reading back through the conflict section, it looks like a conflict can include multiple sides (pg 96 “A conflict scene needs active opponents on at least two sides.”). Each side can have 1 or more teams, each of which generates their own disposition (pg 103 “To represent how strong your side’s position is in this conflict each team generates a number called disposition”).

This raises some more questions in my mind, but I’ll think on it first and maybe post a new thread if I don’t work it out on my own.