Disposition and Compromise

If your Disposition has been damaged in an conflict, but you raise it back up to its full starting level via Defense actions and then you win the conflict with your Disposition still full, do you still have to offer a compromise? The rules seem to indicate so via their wording (“If you lost, but took points off your opponent’s disposition, he must offer you a compromise.” Page 115), but I’m not 100% sure.

You compare the final dispostion of the winning side to get the percentage, so I’d say no compromise if the winning side managed to raise it back to full before striking the final blow. That’s how we did it.

Related question: can dispo be raised above starting dispo?

No, unless this changed from the playtest version. Check the description of the Defend action on the back of the character sheet.

As an aside, since playing Mouse Guard, whenever I Duel of Wits in Burning Wheel or Burning Empires I am always dying for Defend. Recovering lost disposition is awesome.

I missed it on the character sheet. <Duh!>

It’s also on p.107

Would not have made much difference in my games, since just about every time Dispo’s been raised, it’s been raised by both sides about the same distance over start, and still resulted in double-0’s… :slight_smile:

I missed it on the character sheet. <Duh!>

It’s also on p.107

Would not have made much difference in my games, since just about every time Dispo’s been raised, it’s been raised by both sides about the same distance over start, and still resulted in double-0’s… :slight_smile: