DOWs... Obfuscate Fallout and Rebuttal

This came up last night…

In a DoWs one character won a Volley with an Obfuscate Action with additional successes left over (Margin of Success =~ 3 I think).

His opponent scripted a Rebuttal next Volley and our Obfuscationist scripted a point.

Now:

Does the Rebutter have a +1Ob to both parts of his Rebuttal or only one part?

Additionally, are the successes on Points and Rebuttals all reduced by one for the Ob of 1? (likewise Take Action in the Infection Maneuvers?)

Thanks,

Technically, both tests for the Rebuttal.

As for the additionally, its a hard thing to express in BW/BE because there are no 0 obstacle tests. So it’d be meeting the obstacle reduce the enemy dispo by 1, MOS also reduces dispo.

-L

Technically, both tests for the Rebuttal.

In your face Mel! :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the additionally, its a hard thing to express in BW/BE because there are no 0 obstacle tests. So it’d be meeting the obstacle reduce the enemy dispo by 1, MOS also reduces dispo.

Damn… The humans are not doing so well… :frowning:

OK, so I was wrong. If I knew what I was doing perhaps I could double the Vaylen’s 15 point edge in disposition…Ah, well.
Mel

note to others…

Though I may have been right in the technical point discussed above. Mel kicked our ass in the DoWs… kicked it real good too.

on a similar note I am assuming that die doubling for deeds happens before the rebuttal, right? What about rerolling failures? Is that all the dice on both offense/defense or just one?

BTW: Go Mel!!!

Sorry, one of my instincts is “Always cheer for the GM.” I will take my Artha now.

• Don

Deeds doubles your dice before you roll or lets you reroll all failures for both sides of the rebuttal. Fate opens 6s on both sides of the roll.

Fantastic, thanks for clearning that up, Luke. It was a question we had in our last session.

Now, where’s my Artha? :wink: Aren’t you the GM here?

You didn’t alter the direction of the story, Don. Nice try.

-ChristheGM