How do I fight a battle?

So if one character is joined by 10 or so NPCs to take on a large beast…How is that done?

In a party one person rolls and can be given one dice from a helper to attack the mob. Both people explain their actions yet only one person rolls with the additional dice. (I think thats correct)

So if one person is joined by 10 people they roll their fight skill with 10 additional dice? What if 20 people are helping? I’ll need 25+ dice to roll against a beast? When rolling for disposition at the beginning of the battle…What do I roll? 25+ dice?

War campaigns confuse me. How are they rolled? what am I missing?

The Militarist Skill is used for such large warlike Conflicts. And a War Conflict plays out just like any other Conflict, with only PCs contributing helping dice.

See page 104 for determining Disposition; page 112 for the breakdown of what Skills can be used during the Conflict; page 223 for details on how many mice need to band together to take down huge predators; and page 249 for the Factors involved in Militarist Obstacles. Is that enough to get you going or do you want a fully fleshed out example?

We ran a War conflict in our second game - we literally hummed Flight of the Valkyries as Patrol Leader Red used Militarist to stir up a hornets nest for one Attack. Quality.

Cheerio
Pete

I think those page numbers for reference SHOULD be enough… I’m at work writing the next campaign and don’t have my book. I will check those out when I get home and post if I need further assistance. Thank you so much for that.

We ran a War conflict in our second game - we literally hummed Flight of the Valkyries as Patrol Leader Red used Militarist to stir up a hornets nest for one Attack. Quality.

Cheerio
Pete

EPIC!! I am soooo stealing that!

Perhaps you should start a new thread and tell us what this means.