I need a clarification about Maneuver

Hello again!

What about a situation when I have more than 3 successess while my mouse is Maneuvering? On a page 108 I have this rules:

The Maneuver action has three possible effects: impede, gain position and disarm. Each effect requires a certain margin of success. You can’t use the same effect twice on the same action, but you can use an effect again if you play another successful Maneuver on a subsequent action.(…) Alternately, if you win by a margin of success of 3, you may impede and gain position.

But what if I win by more than 3s? Can I choose Disarm and Impede or Disarm and Gain Position?

Thanks for help!

You can’t use the same effect twice on the same action, but you can use multiple effects on the same action. So if you had a margin of success of 6, you could impede, gain position, and disarm.

On a subsequent maneuver action, you could use those effects again if you succeeded with sufficient margin of success.

NoClue has it.

We had this situation come up in our Mouse Guard game tonight. The patrol rolled six successes over the obstacle for a Maneuver and bought all three effects – they impeded, gained position on and disarmed the curved beak of the shrike they were fighting.

And then on the next action, the shrike killed Sadie!! Argh!

Thanks for answers :slight_smile:

We had this situation come up in our Mouse Guard game tonight. The patrol rolled six successes over the obstacle for a Maneuver and bought all three effects – they impeded, gained position on and disarmed the curved beak of the shrike they were fighting.

And then on the next action, the shrike killed Sadie!! Argh!

Losing character is never a cool thing.
Anyway, I have noticed that gaining more success in Maneuver is more often during battles, where teams use weapons like Bow or Spear.