Keep the Fires Burning

I can’t score better than 85% on mine. :frowning:

p.

Also: conversational writing kicks formal writing’s ass.

Everyone knows that Luke’s writing style is offensive because there’s only one way to play RPGs. Luke plays the wrong way and when he says you should play his game a certain way, he’s trying to make you play the wrong way too, which ruins every game everywhere*.

Come on guys, get with the program.

*I’m glossing over a lot of technical detail here, but basically what happens is that Luke says that there are rules that a GM should follow to make the game better for everyone, and that statement actually physically castrates the RPGPundit, and since the RPGPundit’s testicles emit rays which empower gaming everywhere, and they can’t emit those rays without blood flow, that ruins games. Incidentally, this is also why games are better in precise relation to their distance from Uruguay.

Sources available upon request.

I like that edit better :wink:

In all seriousness, you did manage to write what I was thinking on the matter much better than I could have. :slight_smile:

Sweet. So Misery Rex, at 21 posts, appears to be another in the army of “Burning Wheel is what’s wrong with roleplaying, and Luke Crane is ruining the hobby” players.

Every time someone gets this defensive about entrenched play style, I have to think something’s up. One of those “thou doth protest too much” things, I guess.

p.

crazy, isn’t it?

you think the people who play chess got pissed when checkers came out?

art house movies ruin CGI action movies?

computer games ruin board games?

The really funny part for me is that they complain about the sanctimonious writing style and Revised BW and BE is far less heavy handed than BW Classic. LOL!

I think I’ll get some popcorn. This is going to be good.

Although Misery is saying some positive things about the game saying that it’s a well-oiled and beautiful machine. Some of it may seem displaced but I am willing to concede those elements even if they are veiled insults. :slight_smile:

LOL. Wonderful.

BW and BE are more like 3d Vulcan chess than checkers, though, right?

LOL! That’s how I’m going to describe it to my next group. Nice one!

I would say it’s more like Parcheesi.

I would say it’s more like As Majesty, a variation on chess!

that chess game looks cool

and I’m sure there’s some poster on some message board somewhere bitching about it

Man Luke is something else, even non-fans get Fan Service… err… Non-Fan Service, or something.

Does my going Internet Crazy count as fan service?

Does my going Internet Crazy count as fan service?

Is there any other kind of Fan Service?

what’s stupid about this is if the guy had picked up 3rd edition Dnd, read it in a week or so, and then declared, “It’s too complicated! I want my money back!” the whole figgin’ RPGnet would have laughed his ass off the boards

It took my five hard core nerds about three years of playing and arguing before we really felt like 3rd edition was second nature

see Luke, you and Chris shoulda made Iron Empires d20, than everyone could have grokked it sooner…:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

crosses fingers to ward off Z-dog

the d20 thing almost happened, Ken. Thank god I came to my senses and Luke showed up with flowers.

-Chris