MG: First Time, write up and some questions.

Let me add one other failure condition: Or you run out of checks in the players’ turn.

Given the mission rules (Specifically, p 71-72), I don’t see how that will cause a mission to fail. Would you elucidate, please?

(edit: I see how that is a failure to accomplish one’s goals… that happens regularly in my games. I’ve realized, however, mission success is a MacGuffin; it drives the plot, but is not an actual consideration in play.)

Yep. MG isn’t really about success or failure but how much you are willing to sacrifice to achieve your goal. I agree, its awesome.

If the mission is incomplete at the end of the players’ turn and you’re at the end of the session, you’ve failed to complete the mission. You can play extended missions across multiple sessions, but one mission per session is recommended.

-L

I thought you generally wouldn’t end the GM’s turn until the mission is completed?

I think if the mission is impossible to complete (mail bag got digested by an animal) or if the mice are just to beat up to continue. I could see a mission ending uncompleted with the guard mice keeling over from exhaustion with every single condition checked, no persona or fate left and every trait tapped out.

–Victor

Hell no. GM’s Turn ends when the GM feels like it. Mission completion can be shoved into the players’ hands, especially if its a Goal.

This is what I was thinking when I was talking about the scent boundary mission. The GM introduces a twist of a Weasel raiding party and the GM’s turn becomes about dealing with that twist. Once dealt with, the GM then hands over the players and the players can spend checks to complete the original mission or not.

Ha! Awesome. Thanks!