Postion Disposition Bonus

Regarding Pg. 477 under Occupying a Positon, say my unit is occupying a position with a value of 2. During the next volley, I take some Direct Fire and lose 2 disposition as a result. Does that mean I also lose the 2 bonus disposition from the position for a total of 4?

If the latter is the case, does that also mean I’ve been forced into no-man’s land and have to Advance into that position again to benefit from the disposition and cover bonuses it provides?

Regards,
Daniel

You are thinking way too hard about this one. You take a 2P position, you gain +2s to your dispo. You lose two members from DF, your dispo drops by two. That’s it. The points are subtracted from the position, but you are still considered to be in that position for purposes of assault and cover. You may advance into another position without further losing anything from your dispo.

-L

Thanks, Luke. That’s the way I originally read it, but I couldn’t figure out why it specifically pointed out such an obvious result, so I thought I was missing something.

Regards,
Daniel

okay, I understand that much…

what about the following:

after losing his two disposition Coffeestain advances to a new Position, and I advance to his Old Postion (the one that lost its disposition dice)… is that place now permantly at 0disposition for everyone?

also does it still give cover?

Position bonuses are relative to the unit occupying the position.

Either way, it comes down to this: you draw positions on your map and give them values. You advance into the position, you gain the position’s value as a bonus to your dispo for either as long as you remain in the positon or until the value of the position is reduced by enemy actions.

-L

So the only way to remove the position’s disposition bonuses is the Demolitions Specialilst action.

That sounds correct.

Otherwise, you’ll just have to wait for your opponent to leave a position to pursue an advance, flank, or withdraw. I don’t believe there’s any way to force them out of a position, though you can occupy it simultaneously with them.

Lots of times, when setting up the battle area, I try to make the positions with the smallest value the ones with the highest cover. * I find that makes the firefight a little more dynamic. Otherwise, folks tend to run for the highest position/cover and duke it out.

*When it makes sense in the fiction, of course.

Regards,
Daniel