Prologue Recover

I can be satisfied with that. There’s an OCD part of my brain that doesn’t like the loosely defined distinction between checks and turns (regarding what you can do with each, not their function or purpose which is perfectly clear) but I’ll just tell him to shut-up (“keep it quiet back there!”)

I think the loose part is that my first question doesn’t even matter, so I shouldn’t have that in there. If it was a Iron Camper Cook-off (!!!) conflict to win over a monster with tasty culinary delights it WOULD NOT be Camp phase. Because the purpose of the Cooking Test is not to recover, reequip and rest.

Ah, but could you eat the results of the cook-off :wink: (“Whoa, whoa, what are you doing? Are you eating that! This food is for artistic purposes only, I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”) (yes, yes, now I’m being difficult :slight_smile: )

Yes, incidentally. :slight_smile: Which doesn’t require a Test because the food is just laying there.

…unless the monster is greedy and wants all the cupcakes. GAME ON!!!

My halfling players almost initiated a cooking challenge the other night. However they were in a ‘southern’ village (i.e. I was doing accents), and the person he would have challenged kept saying racist things about Halflings, which provoked the player into an all-out-murderous rage, (and exposed the evil cult in the village).

It’s funny you should mention that… p.68:

Other

If these intents and outcomes don’t suit you, invent your own!

You can use the conflict rules for just about anything that requires competition. If you want a cooking challenge, a magical duel
or whatever, make a conflict out of it.

When your players want to do a non-standard conflict, assign a set of skills to the conflict actions. Usually, two skills or abilities are used. One skill is assigned to making Attacks and Defends, for example, and another to making Feints and Maneuvers. Anyone who participates in the conflict has to test those skills for the appropriate actions.

Yes! A halfling is a great source of fresh provisions.

Mmmm…Halfling. ::drool::

“Short pig”?