Same task, multiple intents, LiR?

Say I’m foraging in the woods, and I’m looking for 1. Edible mushrooms and 2. A particular rare flower to impress my mentor, who’s into botany. I’m keeping an eye out for both at the same time.

Should I roll once for each thing? Or by let it ride, surely I can’t do that, so do I compare my result against both obstacles and find both things if I beat both or only one if I beat only the lower ob? Or should the GM just assign one ob for finding both things together?
Assume both things are reflected in my Beliefs and it wouldn’t make sense not to roll for either.

(This isn’t a real situation, but I anticipate trying something similar in an upcoming session.)

Two tests. There’s also no guarantee that the GM will use the same skill to cover both. If it were my game, I’d probably have you make a Foraging test and a Perception test. Possibly linked.

Foraging could work for the edible mushrooms (with a slightly higher obstacle as you are searching for a specific type of food).
Herbalism would be the skill to help find the rare flower, but you could do it any number of ways (including wises) with linked tests and FoRKs.
But definitely, they are seperate tests.

So you guys don’t think Let it Ride applies here?

Let it Ride would apply to each task separately, perhaps requiring more research or a different area to search in to retest. (of course, a failed roll could mean they found the item but with complications)

LIR really doesn’t apply, because these are two totally different intents. If, for instance, the one intent was “find a really rare edible mushroom to impress my mentor”, you could make a case for a single test.

If you are treating each as a seperate task, then each task succeeds or fail on its own merits in which case each could fall under the let it ride rules. (After a prolonged search of the northern woods you have been unable to find the rare flower that you seek. Perhaps the Darkwood Forest will prove more fruitful.) or (You have discovered a patch of the edible mushrooms that you desire, enough to last for quite a while.)

Let it Ride could apply, but be subjected to changing circumstances (research, seasonal change, finding a guide, changing search location, ect.)

If both are important — that is, you don’t want to Say Yes to either one of them — I’d roll the two arms into a single test and use one as a failure for the other.

If food’s more important than chasing flowers, failure is being praised long and loud for putting in the hours to find the flower.

If the mentor’s regard is more important than food, failure is finding both and then crushing the flower with the mushrooms.

It’s closer to the time complications than anything else — they’re handing failure results to you on a platter.

If there is a time constraint then most certainly use it.
The way I read this it was more like " I am going to the woods to forage for some edible mushrooms, I am also going to keep an eye out for that rare flower to impress my mentor with." That makes two intents which requires two tasks (even if both used the same skill). Keep in mind that foraging is usually an all day affair that is used to gather food in the wild.