Shades

With races/creatures like Mukhadish and Kerrn, why did you decide to simplify this aspect of the game and not have shades? I could definitely see them with a Gray Power.

I got both Faith Conquers and Sheva’s War Wednesday night, but I hadn’t gotten a chance to start reading it until this afternoon. I have very little experience reading comics, but so far I really like what I’ve read. It seems very dark and futuristic. It kind of reminds me of that Harrison Ford movie, Blade Runner - very cool. 8)

This could make a real kick-ass movie.

Awesome, Tony! I’m glad you like them. They are some of my favorites.

Honestly, I decided to make everything black shade for one reason: simplicity. But I back that decision up with my previous observation, Iron Empires is a gritty, brutal universe. In it, heroes are not mythic creatures of supernormal ability. They are individuals who choose to take a stand. That choice alone births a hero in Iron Empires. The darkness, grit and tragedy is born in turn from that hero’s frailty – the decision is made, but will he live to see it done?!

-L

Tell me Durgil who needs Grey power when you have Iron, lasers, plasma rifles, tanks and spaceships? :wink:
For me it would be an awful waste of your stat pool to invest in something that’s not gonna get used at all - remeber we have firefight rules now, no more locks , great strikes or Hands of Iron for You :wink:

As Dro obliquely pointed out, your character’s stats play a slightly different role in Burning Empires than they do in Burning Wheel. And that role supports them not being anything but black shade.

-L

Sure, there’s no use for Gray Power, but what about a Gray Will? ::drool::