Topic: Heading into Town Fresh, Help-Tax-Loot interaction

I get the sense that the Lifestyle will eat you up quickly if you make multiple crafting attempts. Guilds seem to be the Only-If-My-Backpack-Tools-Arent-Good-Enough choice.

:!:

I didn’t notice that, gonna pop on over right now!

How are you still fresh?

You have to have had less than 4 turns since leaving town to still be fresh. You lose your freshness and can’t get it back once you hit turn 4

Unless you camp on turn 3, at which point the turn counter resets.

Tricky tricky. Good point.

If you craft something in town without using guild facilities you’ll be fined.

I meant as an alternative to crafting in Camp, which yeah I wasn’t clear on.

Right! Bang out the dents in your helmet around the campfire!*

-L

*You dirty murder-hobo.

He’s the kind of chap that would take the Carpenter skill, so that his gang can loot even those things that are nailed down…

I can dig it!

Are you offering to deliver my eulogy, because that’s a solid start? :slight_smile:

So I wandered back and reread the synopsis of the game. As someone about to run a one shot, soon to be followed by a campaign, I think I would allow players to go back to town, but if you leave a place uncleared, and a quest unfinished, you better believe that the place is going to be far more nasty when you return. The denizens were disturbed the first time and will potentially rig more traps and call in extra help to keep people from returning.

Also, if it were a rescue mission, there might not be anyone left alive to rescue when the players return.

/but that’s just my 2D

Just bear in mind that it’s an intended part of the game for PCs to sometimes return to town, when their loot slots are full, their light and food inventory is low, and they are ground down under the conditions.

Town is where hobos trade in shiny stuff for a few more days of food and a few less crippling injuries. Otherwise, the torcher (sic) is over far too soon. :wink:

That’s not to say that the dungeon shouldn’t evolve appropriately, however, based on the status quo that the adventurers have disturbed.

I hear you. I think I would really only push things if I felt like my players were using camp and town to skirt the difficulty.

But that’s the game, isn’t it? Making [hard] choices about skirting difficulty.

Camping and going to town too much leads to its own complications; I do see your point, but I think it’s important not to penalize the players for playing the game as written.

The Secret GM Name of the Town phase is “enough rope to hang yourself by”.