Wolfkilling Mice (too many dice)

Thanks, James. I must have read the second part you cite as sides not teams, although I can’t remember back to my last team conflict to recall whether we did it one way or the other, anyway.

The wolf’s Snapping Jaws are “as spear and as sword.” Spears get +1D to Maneuvers against normal weapons, and a sword lets you pick an action (in this case, Maneuver) and add +1D to it for the rest of the conflict. So, assuming the wolf picks Manuever as its “sword” bonus action for its Jaws, and the mice it’s fighting don’t have spears themselves, it gets +2D to Maneuvers. And its Loping Legs give +1D to Maneuver, for a total of +3D!

-B

I gotcha, that makes sense.

So:
Skill 5D

• 1D Self help with hunter skill
  • 1D Sword
    [b]+ 1D Teammate#1
  • 1D Teammate#2[/b]
  • 1D Team B
  • 1D Trait
    =11D total

Hey guys, i got confused here.
Why do teammates help the testing mice with dice?

I thought the attack action was like…the team’s attack, like if already taking into account all their efforts.

I do understand the rules for team b helping dice though (choose the same action or DM-adjucate).

So… will always a group of 3 mice have a total value of attack dice 2 higher then the attacker’s mice skill?

Yes, if the help is appropriate. Page 113: “Other players on the team may help the player who is making the test.” This is true regardless of the number of teams in the conflict.

But also only true if the character has the appropriate ability or skill. In our fight last night, one mouse didn’t have the Fighter skill so she couldn’t help her mentor with Attack or Feint actions.

Hey look, we both used the word appropriate.

Hah, oops!

What I meant to say was, “To expand on Daniel’s point…”

I’m just trying to build up my reputation in time for the next vote.

Ummm… I just got my rulebook, but I think it clearly states on p 223 (Denizens of the Territories:Natural Order):

Animals that are two or more ranks higher may not be killed by your hand - not using Fighter or Hunter
and
Animals that are more than two ranks higher on the scale may only be run off. They may not be captured or injured using Fighter or Hunter
In fact, unless you’re using some clever Scientist angle, it would take an army of 2000 mice to even engage a wolf.

I didn’t see this mentioned by anyone, but I thought it moderately useful…