Woo hoo FINALLY get to play - Critique my world building and ideas

I’d wait until you have players making beliefs. That’s really not your job. The situation should come from collaboration and the Beliefs flow from there.

Good Starting points but basically have your players be in the village or even better be the villagers under attack. As for the second one, again have your players be in the meeting and see the poison being put in the drinks. That makes for a great beginning and your players will have beliefs to fit that.

I am micromanaging a bit but I have players with no BW experience who won’t read the book so I’m expecting to have to do a bit of hand holding.

If your players have literally zero experience, I suggest you play one of the demo sessions first (I’m personally partial to Twilight in the Duchy Verborden). That way your players can get some experience without the chance of the game stalling due to lack of Beliefs/Scenario synergy. Plus, the best way for players to understand how to write beliefs is to play the game and see how the beliefs work in play.

They’d never go for the prewritten characters. I like Twilight in Verborden though.

There is a good chance this will crash and burn, this is not an open minded group. I can count on one hand the number of systems we’ve played and on half a hand minus a thumb the ones they’ve gone back to.

If that’s the case, have that first situation be as familiar as possible to their old style. If it’s D&D, then, yes, start with orcs attacking. Track 'em back to a lair, and kill all inside and take their stuff. Just with Beliefs!

Lol that’s why I liked the suggestion so much :slight_smile: