A quick handful of questions

Hey everyone! Thanks for being so helpful with my last questions; I was hoping you could help me out once again with some stuff I haven’t found in the book.

1. HELPING DICE and TESTS
    As I see it, helping dice don’t usually gain passes and fails. I’ve occasionally given some for really good roleplaying during conflicts, but for single roll tests, I don’t think the helping dice gain passes and fail for teammates… basically, only the roller can actually advance his skills. True? False?

2. HELPING DICE and HOW MANY
    I believe you can only give one helping dice per helping character. I think this is to prevent huge pools of dice building up with a team of characters. Is this correct? For instance, could a teammate (not rolling himself) use a trait, a wise, and a skill to add 3 dice to the roll?

3. MAXIMUM VALUES for SKILLS
    I didn’t see any in the rules, so I’m assuming it just keeps growing, though it obviously gets harder to level each time. Nature, Health, and Will have maximum values, though.

1. Yep, only the “roller” gets to log a pass or fail for advancement. Personally, I’d refrain from giving pass/fail for helper, even to reward good roleplay : That’s what the Embodiment and Workhorse awards are for !

2. Nope, helpers get to lend a single die, that’s it. If you’re the player who’s rolling, you’re the one who gets to shine by invoking traits, wise, persona points, etc. The spotlight is on you !

3. Skills are capped at 6 if I remember correctly. I know the pass/fail little circles on the sheet give you the impression that you can go higher, but it’s a kind of typo. I’m like, 99% certain about this one.

Hope it helps ! :slight_smile: