Advancing Hate (and Greed)

Hi All,

We were playing orcs last night and noticed a curiosity in the wording of advancing hate. It says it behaves like a exp 1-4 skill all the way to 10. But then it said any two difficulty categories filled give you an advance, which for exp 1-4 skills is not the case (unless I misunderstood those) as there you always have to have routines and one other. Which procedure is correct?

I checked Greed, which is worded a little different, without a mention of testing like exp 1-4, it just says any two categories are enough to advance, but I thought I’d reference this as well just in case…

Thanks,
Greg

Best to go with the exactly what the book says. Hatred uses Routine tests to advance, like a skill. Greed uses Routine tests to advance from exps 1-10.

Alright, trying to reply to this again then:

I keep seeing that answer, “Hatred uses Routine tests to advance, like a skill. Greed uses Routine tests to advance from exps 1-10.”

My trouble is, hand I had this in BWR as well, I cant find any information on how many Routine tests are required for exponents of 5 or above. I have said that its been equal tot he exponent in question, but I cant find any rules to back me up. Unless I have missed it, repeatedly.

You’re right, it’s not spelled out, but it’s a simple pattern to extrapolate on page 42. Number of Routine tests=exponent.

You would be amazed at the simple things I complicate for no apparent reason :wink:

I think it’s a holdover from other systems. Every time I script Lock, I test Power vs Power and ask “OK! What’s the next step?”

Awesome, that makes sense. Thanks!