Banshee

Decided I wanted to make a banshee, but was having a hard time really getting started. So, I got a lot of help from Thor & Sean and here’s the result.

This beastie is nasty! But I love the way it turned out.

Concept: Vengeful Elven spirit tied to an area or location.

Banshee
Might: 6
Nature (Undead): 7
Descriptors: Haunting, Keening, Remembering

Conflict Dispositions:
Drive Off: 15
Weapons:
Paralytic Gaze: -1D Attack, +1s Maneuver
Incorporeal Form: +1s Defend
Spectral Claws*: -1D Attack; bypasses armor
Death Wail**: +1D Attack; Attack against Maneuver is Independent

Banish/Abjure: 7
Weapons:
Ectoplasmic Net: +1s Feint, +1D Maneuver
Spectral Claws*: -1D Attack

Flee: 4
Weapons:
Paralytic Gaze: -1D Attack, +1s Maneuver
Incorporeal Form: +1D Attack

Cannot be targeted by Kill or Capture conflicts. All others: Nature + Nature roll.

Special: Banshees are immune to mind-affecting spells. Banshees dislike sunlight and magical light and suffer -1s when exposed to it.

• Anyone that loses hit points to a banshee’s Spectral Claws must make an Ob 4 Nature test. Nature is taxed by the margin of failure.
    ** Anyone that loses hit points to a banshee’s Death Wail gains the Afraid condition. If already Afraid, gain the Sick condition. If Afraid and Sick, the character gains the Dead condition at the end of the conflict.

Pretty terrifying! I’m glad you posted this… I was wondering about incorporeal creatures.

Nasty! Now I wanna figure out how to riddle one of these. :wink:

Very carefully!

“Wait until you hear this next one; it’s a scream!”

JFME what total levels should you have in a party to sensibly pit this critter against them?

With decently high Natures and enough Persona points to tap it, even a first level party stands a chance. Some Might-boosting magic would be really nice though (and necessary if you want to drive it off) to mitigate its auto-successes.