BE play by post for a newbie

Hi All,

I just got my hands on a copy of BE in PDF from DriveThru RPG. I was actually hoping for BW, but there doesn’t seem to be a PDF of that available, which I find frustrating as print is inherently inaccessible to me.

Anyway, I’ve begun reading and am enjoying what I’ve seen so far. I’m just trying to come to grips with things one bit at a time,skipping between the World and Character burners for now.

Is BE suited for play by post? I noticed a PBP forum for BW, but there doesn’t appear to be one for BE. I would hope the answer is yes, as I would love to try out the game as a player, and I don’t know any local GMs.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile: Thanks much.

Hey Zkline,

Just found a copy of BE and have been reading though it. I’m loving it but am similarly lacking a group of people to actually try it out with and have been considering pbp options for the game. Based on what I’ve read so far I think the game might work well for a long form PbP game. Firefight would push the limits of what the format is equipped to handle but it might be worth a try.

I know this reply is a little late, but have you had any success in getting a game together? If so I’d be curious to hear how it went.