BE Play by Post

I searched for the most appropriate forum to ask this question, and believe this is it :slight_smile: If not, I usually wear asbestos underwear anyway.

I noticed that there is a PbP BW forum, with one game running. Is there a matching BE forum as well?

I’ve got a gaming group I’ve been with for about 12 years, and I’m trying to convince them to give BE a shot. However, we’re all a bit jaded, and I have a very small window to sell them on the BE genre and playsystem. To get it “right”, I prefer to do a bunch of research, and view some games in progress.

Any links to existing PbP BE games would also be very much appreciated. I’m working up a matching / related post in The Fevered Circle forum section, as well.

Thanks in advance!

D

Hi, Derelict. I don’t think your odds are good; a couple of months ago I tried recruiting for a BE PbP game but got very little (read: one person) interest.

Have you considered downloading the Fires Over Omac demo from the wiki and talking your gang into giving it a whirl as a one-shot?

That’s too bad; I thought it sounded like a good idea. I’d be up for a game. I’d imagine all the interaction and negotiation would be HARD to pull off in a pbp format. Who’s up for running it?

I’d almost think a purpose-built wiki might be a good format, so everyone could track established setting facts and stuff.

p.

Depending on when(day & time) and for how long (n # of hours) I’d be up for joining as well. If the posting is such that it doesn’t have to be done in a given sitting then you can ignore the above questions.

Steve

I have my doubts about such a thing working, but you’re more than welcome to use the Burning Wheel Play-by-Post forum for it. Or feel free to make a page for yourself on the Burning Empires Wiki.

Thanks, Thor! Hey, Paul, rogar, Derelict: If you’re seriously interested, would you be willing to continue this discussion in this thread?