Best Phase Objectives for Frostvar?

Having run my net assessment on my own group’s newly burned world, Frostvar, one Phase Objective leaps out for each side: The Vaylen want to weaken the planet’s Quarantine from “Advanced” to “Loose”; the Humans want to change the Planetary Attitude from “Indifferent” to “Personal Experience.”

Or am I missing something? Here are the details for the world as we head into our first actual maneuver, probably Wednesday night:

Frostvar
Total dispositions by phase (Infiltration / Usurpation / Invasion)
Vaylen: 27 / 30 / 24
Human: 18 / 23 / 27

Interior World
Vaylen: 2 / 2 / 2
Human: 1 / 2 / 3

Human-Life-Supporting
Human: 1 / 3 / 2

Predominantly Liquid
Vaylen: 3 / 1 / 2
Human: 0 / 2 / 4

Naturally Rugged and/or Broken Terrain
Vaylen: 2 / 1 / 3
Human: 1 / 3 / 2

Low Index
Vaylen: 2 / 3 / 1
Human: 2 / 2 / 2

Noble Fief
Vaylen: 2 / 4 / 0
Human: 2 / 1 / 2

Lords-Pilot
Vaylen: 1 / 3 / 2
Human: 2 / 1 / 3

Indifferent
Vaylen: 5 / 5 / 5
Human: 2 / 2 / 2

Industrial Capital
Human: 1 / 2 / 3

Advanced Quarantine
Human: 3 / 3 / 3

Moderately Regulated
Vaylen: 0 / 4 / 2
Human: 3 / 2 / 1

Factions are present
Vaylen: 4 / 1 / 1
Human: 0 / 0 / 0

Freemen are present

No blockade

FACTIONS IN PLAY
Infiltration / Usurpation / Invasion

Imperial Bureaucracy
2 / 1 / 3

Indigenous Life Forms
3 / 0 / 3

Organized Crime
2 / 2 / 2

Psychologist Foundation
2 / 3 / 1

Slaves and Serfs
4 / 1 / 1

Theocratic Institutions
3 / 1 / 2

Seems like a decent strategy. It really comes down to how each side wants to color the phase.

I’m rather fond of going straight for the throat of a FoN. Take out the guy who’s most clearly opposed to your Usurpation FoN’s interests!

(It’s not clear to me that the GM gets to write a new one to take his place in that phase – the PC isn’t per se dead, just out of commission as a FoN. I don’t think it’s against “the rules” but it certainly seems unsporting.)

p.

If you remove a character as FoN, he can’t make the Prequel roll. If he’s still alive and part of the game/world/setting, he can still participate in the maneuver. If he’s been killed/destroyed, he can’t make any rolls at all! If he’s been killed and removed as FoN, you’ve just compiled insult and injury!

-L