Bondsman - Meta-LP or singular-LP

This came up while working up characters for BE last night.

Bondsman calls upon the Lord’s LP for its skills.

So if a character takes
Bondsman (Court Lord)
Bondsman (Forged Lord)
Bondsman (Forged Lord)

He has effectively got two different skill lists; does that make the repeat 2nd iteration or third?
(Underlined required skills/traits)
if second:
Bondsman (Court Lord) 6y 1rp 1cp 3sp (Persuasion; Falshood, Etiquette, Conspicuous, Court-wise) 1tp (Lucky)
Bondsman (Forged Lord) 6y 1rp 1cp 3sp (Administration; Logistics, Noble-wise, Hammer-Wise, Anvil-Wise, Planet-Wise) 1tp (lucky)
Bondsman (Forged Lord) 6y 1rp 3sp (Administration, Logistics; Noble-wise, Hammer-Wise, Anvil-Wise, Planet-Wise) 0tp

or third:
Bondsman (Court Lord) 6y 1rp 1cp 3sp 1tp (lucky)
Bondsman (Forged Lord) 6y 1rp 1cp 3sp (Administration; Logistics, Noble-wise, Hammer-Wise, Anvil-Wise, Planet-Wise) 0tp
Bondsman (Forged Lord) 6y 0rp 0cp 1sp (Administration, Logistics; Noble-wise, Hammer-Wise, Anvil-Wise, Planet-Wise) 0tp

We chose to treat the two different bondsman sub-choices as different life paths, for the interim, but I want to know if we did it correctly.

(Yes, I searched. No, I didn’t find anything directly on point.)

I think it’s a repeat. This is pretty basic: Are you taking Bondsman more than once? If yes, it’s a repeat. Also, run the numbers: If you assume it’s not a repeat, then by taking three Bondsman LPs like you did below, you can score a spare trait point and every skill for Court and Forged Lords minus a couple of wises. It’s wonky because sure, the skill list changed, but that doesn’t explain why you get extra trait, circles, and resources points.

I guess I could see an argument for starting fresh if maybe the second time you were a bondsman to a whole different dude, particularly if you took another LP in between, but taking Bondsman several times in a row and then asking for full SP/TP because your boss got promoted partway through don’t sit right.

I actually think asking to be bonded to two Lord lifepaths is a bit cheating… Either pick the DoW-monster Court Lord skills and then fit in a bureacratic LP to get Admin and Logistics somewhere else, or do the Forged Lord and go for Con Man or something to get the DoW skills. But if you’ve got a concept for your Bondsman’s Bondsman that rocks, do it!

You’ve repeated the bondsman lifepath three times. You may repeat an LP twice at no penalty. You must pay the penalty for the third time.

wish we can repeat it at no certain number of times… haha…

Hi Vince,

Thanks for joining our forums. In the future please don’t post to threads that are dead – more than a month since the last post. Usually best to start a new thread.

Thanks,
-Luke