Braam the Barbarian

I’m finding that the character creation rules have a surprising amount of depth and flexibility. As an example, I wondered if it was possible to create a barbarian using the rules as written:

Name: Braam the Barbarian
Stock: Human
Class: Warrior
Alignment: Chaos

Belief: “To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women: this is what is best in life.”
Instinct: Always remain wary of ambushes.
Goal:

Home: Shagrak Valley, deep in the Elflands
Raiment: barechested, rude leather pants

Parents: orphaned
Mentor: none
Friend: Kailas the Wise (healer)
Enemy: Thulani Tinashe the Diabolist, High Priest of the Cult of the Snake-Demon
Circles: 3

Abilities: Will 1, Health 6
Skills: Fighter 4, Hunter 3, Commander 2, Rider 2, Mentor 2, Pathfinder 2, Survivalist 2, Orator 2
Wise: What is good in life-wise
Traits: Heart of Battle, Brave

Nature: Human 5
Descriptors: Boasting, Demanding, Running
Questions: Boast of your exploits, demand your rights, do not fear those who prey on civilizaton (after all, who preys on civilization better than you?)

mojo crafted by his mother, the village wise-woman (1D treasure)
made his own way (2D treasure)

Two-handed sword, leather armor, horned helm
Resources: 0

what i like the most about this is it is absolutely rules-as-written and yet perfectly a barbarian. someone else might have tried to force a new class in, but you made it work with what you had.

oh my !
This Will of 1 is soooo appealing :wink:

It wasn’t my intention to make him an idiot–Conan was originally fairly intelligent and even more wily. However, I decided that this should be one of the few humans who could not only match a dwarf strength for strength but best him, and the Nature questions dropped his Will by 1.

oh he’s not an idiot, he’s just hot-tempered, easy to fool and an easy target for spells (that he fears…)
well, a barbarian, heh ?

(issue: he won’t be very courageous nor iron-willed)

here is my rendition of Braam

I LIKE IT. Well, that may have to be my first Torchbearer PC.