Burning Corporal Spirits

So I’m going to be burning up a bunch of corporal spirits for a solo game with a Summoner who has access to that Order. Is there anywhere the division between minor, average, and major corporal spirits is broken down, a la the Monster Burner?

Barring that, where have y’all drawn the lines between the orders?

I’m looking at Imps, Daemonim, and Qerubim and getting a feel for how they’re different, but I’m curious if anyone has guidance.

2 Likes

Not sure if these will be helpful or not, but since you’re encouraged to adapt for your setting, here’s how we have it for Mauragaaqtuq

1 Like

That’s really neat! Do you have guidelines for the sorts of stats you burn these spirits with?

I love genus locii, and it’s something I think we’re going to try to incorporate.

I’m starting with “One-off NPC” guidance because none have needed fuller fleshing out, yet.

I tweak a little. I treat the dead as 4-statted-ish, and I’m giving a little bump to the Corporal spirits over that. For Minor I’m making one a 5 and one a 3. For Medium, I’m just giving a 5. For Major, I’m giving a couple 5s or a 6. Probably more important is that I throw in a Trait or more to represent what is special or weird about them.

For skills, I do a 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3 pyramid for the dead, and only fill them in if and when I need to declare them. I am bumping that tree up 1 level for Corporal.

This is all variable based on what the Summoned is supposed to be about. I’m not really concerned about balance, as our setting has a lot of weird, anyway.

2 Likes

I dig this–thanks for sharing.

I good rule of thumb for monstrous skills that I picked up from Death Art is skills starting 2 higher than the root, then you can tweak up or down from that sort of middle point

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.