Dancing in the Streets

Spending a Winter session in the streets sucks. I’m immune to the Sick condition and had no conditions going in so what the hell? Then I roll 11, so that’s good, right? Nope, I get ousted, hear and (admittedly juicy) rumor, then spend the rest of the winter phase twiddling my thumbs. Won’t do that again.

Just blows. Just sayin’.

Rats.

Lesson learned?

sigh. Yes, lesson learned. I just like the idea of him staying in the sewers while in town. But I guess I won’t be doing that anymore. Especially for Winter phases.

You should make a special sewers location for him in towns where it makes sense. Give it a random table and have fun with it.

Give Ma Rat Queen a yell and move back in with the swarm for a season. :slight_smile:

Ma wants him dead. Probably not a great idea. But I do like the idea of making a sewer chart. Maybe similar to the stables (as in a place to hide), but less sanitary?

I like a Sewers location accessible to Roden, but it has to contain extreme dangers on the upper and lower ends of the 2d6 spectrum: monsters, adventurers, floods, etc.

Sewers would of course only be available in a bustling metropolis and, perhaps, a religious bastion.

But what would be the advantage that balances out the added danger? Why would you stay in the sewers instead of in the streets? Or in the stables or flophouse?

Our idea was to have variants of the Street Events Table for Sewers and Graveyards. Roden, Deathknights (and other appropriate characters as approved by the GM) get a bonus to the Events roll when staying in these areas.

Variants on Sleeping in the Streets
The Sewers
If you decide to sleep in the sewers, you may not make recovery tests while in town. Roll on the Sewer Events table.

Sewer Events Table (Total 2d6*)
2-3 Lose Your Way: You become lost in the maze that is the city sewers. You survive but may not conduct any business or use any facilities while in town. Take the Sewer Rat Trait.
4-6 Thieved: Your purse is stolen. All cash gone.
7-8 Clothing Soiled: Factor this soiling into all Circles tests until clothing is replaced.
9 Hidden Stash: You find someone’s hidden stash of bread. You may eat it to remove the Hungry and Thirsty condition.
10 Misplaced: You lose a piece of gear of the GM’s choosing.
11-12 Rousted: The Watch boots you and the other vagrants from town (unless you’re wanted for a crime, in which case you’re arrested.) You may not conduct further business in this town. Roll on the Rumor Events table once for free.

*Note: Roden and characters with the Sewer Rat Trait (or similar Stocks and Traits as approved by the GM), may add or subtract 1 from the Sewer Events Table roll. (This does not stack. A Roden with the Sewer Rat Trait may still only add or subtract one from the roll.)

Sleeping in the Sewers Lifestyle Cost: 0.

The Graveyard
If you decide to sleep in the graveyard, you may not make recovery tests while in town. Roll on the Graveyard Events table.

Graveyard Events Table (Total 2d6*)
2-3 Spirited Away: You have a terrifying ghostly encounter. You survive but flee the city and may not conduct any business or use any facilities while in town. Take Haunting-Wise.
4-6 Thieved: Your purse is stolen. All cash gone.
7-8 Clothing Soiled: Factor this soiling into all Circles tests until clothing is replaced.
9 Sacrificial Wine: You find a bottle of flat wine left for a fallen loved one. You may drink it to remove the Hungry and Thirsty condition.
10 Misplaced: You lose a piece of gear of the GM’s choosing.
11-12 Arrested: The Watch arrests you on suspicion of grave-robbing and you spend the rest of the phase in jail. You may not conduct further business in this town. Roll on the Rumor Events table once for free.

*Note: Deathknights and characters with Haunting-Wise (or similar Stocks and Wises as approved by the GM), may add or subtract 1 from the Graveyard Events Table roll. (This does not stack. A DeathKnight with Haunting-Wise may still only add or subtract one from the roll.)

Sleeping in the Graveyard Lifestyle Cost: 0.

I also originally thought to add the hiding option from Stables (hiding in the sewers or graveyards sounds appropriate) at the cost of raising the Lifestyle cost by 1, but my GM thought that might overcomplicate things. (I have been told buy multiple sources, both in RL and on these forums, that I tend to overcomplicate things.)