Disadvantage by Weapon charts

Hi All,

Is it possible for anybody to help me reformat the weapon disadvantage penalty tables? They don’t parse very well with my screen reader, and I’m not sure which +OB I should be applying.

For reference, the problematic tables come out looking like this…

Opponent’s disadvantage
Knife Mace Sword Pole Spear Missile
T
his we
a
p
o
n
h
as a
dv
a
nta
g
e

Mace, Club
(short)
Sword, Axe
(long)
Polearm
(longer)
Spear
(longest)
Knife, Hands
(shortest)
Missile
— —
— —
— —
— —

+1 Ob
+1 Ob
+1 Ob
+1 Ob
+1 Ob
+1 Ob
+1 Ob
+1 Ob
+1 Ob
+2 Ob
+2 Ob
+2 Ob
+2 Ob
+2 Ob
+2 Ob
+2 Ob
+3 Ob
+3 Ob
…etc

The problem is obviously that the table was meant to have the obstacle penalties listed in a grid, but the conversion has ruined that. Most of the other tables are fine, the scripting sheets themselves are largely frustrating, if only because they were clearly intended to be printed.

Any help with this would be appreciated. 99% of the rest of the system is perfectly readable. Thanks for the consideration :slight_smile:

Okay, here is a summary of the table in three rules and one accompanying exception:

The weapon lengths go: shortest, short, long, longer, longest, missile. There is no “shorter” length.

For every step your weapon is shorter you suffer +1 Ob if you are at disadvantage. For example, a long weapon at disadvantage whilst a longest weapon has advantage suffers a +2 Ob.

For every step your weapon is longer, minus one, you suffer +1 Ob is you are at disadvantage (If the Long weapon gains advantage over the longest weapon, the longest weapon suffers only a +1 Ob). This rules is excepted if a shortest weapon, such as knives or hands, has advantage, in which case you suffer +1 Ob per step. For example, a long weapon at disadvantage against a shortest weapon suffers a +2 Ob.

If you need more help, I’d be happy to offer it, but the essence of the table is in those rules.

THanks. :slight_smile: This is very helpful. Does it also apply to the table on Page 436? Obviously that’s for advantage dice, but the principle is hopefully the same.

Yes, but you can never have more than +2D to positioning due to advantage from Weapon Length. If you use those rules and get +3 Ob or more, convert it down to +2D to the weapon-wielder with advantage.