Distinguishing BWG Versions

Bit of an odd question, and apologies if this is the wrong forum for it. How can you tell apart the different versions of Burning Wheel Gold? My LGS has a copy of BWG in shrink, and I can’t see any markings of print date on the outside. It has a recessed wheel on the cover, but doesn’t appear to have a linen finish on the surface. My versions are second and fourth printing, and neither of them seems to have the same recessed wheel.

I’d like to get a copy of the new BWG Revised printing to have the most current rules, and any tips on how to spot differences would be appreciated!

The old version says “Gold Edition” at the bottom of the front cover and near the top of the back cover. The new version says ‘Gold Edition Revised’

In addition the old version had a gold cover with red scrollwork. The new version has a red cover with gold scrollwork.

Top is old, bottom is new.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the help! My career as a detective will have to be put on hold for missing the (in retrospect) obvious clues.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.