Elven Cloak mechanics

How does an Elven Cloak work? As a 4D Threne of the Chameleon.

1. I have Stealth, I do not have Threne. I’m using the cloak, hiding. Does that mean I roll 4D, get e.g. 2 successes, then roll Stealth with +2D advantage?
  2. I have Stealth and Threne, using the cloak, hiding. Do I roll Threne with +4D advantage, get e.g. 5 successes, then roll Stealth with +5D advantage?
  3. I do not have Stealth or Threne. Do I roll Speed with +4D advantage and a double obstacle penalty?

I believe it’s a +4 advantage dice to any Stealth/Threne of Chameleon roll, skilled or unskilled.

Ah, interesting. So in situation 2, then, when I have both Stealth and Threne, I would roll Threne with +4D advantage due to the cloak, get e.g. 5 successes, then roll Stealth with +9D advantage due to the Threne and the cloak together?

As written, yes. In spirit though, you should choose for it to benefit either Threne or Stealthy.

Haha, okay. And in practice there is extremely little reason to ever choose Threne unless you require the 1 success on Threne to make it even possible to roll Stealthy and happen to have low Threne dice and no time for Carefully.

Thanks!