Fight! - Mooks

Ok. Mooks.

In the example in the Fight! section, where mooks are mentioned…

It says to make use of the helping rules, so the goblins in the example have a B5 Brawling.

In other words… you’re scripting the same action for each pair, so they roll the action once (for each pair) but get one extra die (for each pair) for helping?

Nobody? Did I word the question poorly? Wrong part of the forum?

Hi Casey. The answer is “almost” The standard helping rules apply. If you have three goblins with Brawling B5, you script the same action for each of them. One of the goblins will lead (i.e., you’ll roll 5 dice for him). The other two goblins use the standard helping rules (since they have Brawling B5, they’ll each contribute 2D). So the leader will roll 9D versus whatever the PC musters (assuming the scripted actions are versus, of course).

If the PC manages to wound one of them, then apply the penalty. If one of them takes a Light wound, then that goblin has to take a Steel test. If he fails, he can’t help for however many actions he’s hesitating. If he succeeds, he’s still in the fight. However, you’ll roll one less die because his skill is now B4. And in one action per exchange he won’t be able to help at all because he’s lost a point of reflexes.

Does that make sense?

Thor - Thanks! It does make sense, but it also tells me I need to reread the helping rules. :stuck_out_tongue:

One other thing - in the example it’s four goblins and two script Strike, while the other two script Push. In this example (Page 460), if the PC scripted Block or Block and Strike, he/she would only be able to defend against one pair…

In your example of three goblins, the PC would be able to script Block against all of them, but would be doing so against a whopping 9 dice.

Thanks again. BW folks are awesome as always.

That sounds like two groups of two goblins each. So you would script for each group. If they had Brawling B5, each group would have B7 dice to work with. And yes, Block only works against one attack on that action. Avoid, on the other hand, works against all attacks on that action…