Homage to Catalonia Unboxing

Three fine gentlemen from Catalunya posted an unboxing video of Homage to Catalonia (and some of our other books).

Does anyone speak Catalan? Did I do a good job? Did I insult their honor? Will they reap my chains?!

2 Likes

I speak Spanish, it is like listening to someone who is drunk and mumbling. I can get the gist of it but there are bits I would in no way want to rely on. I mean in no way that Catalan is in elegant. I am just trying to express how much is lost in communication. Same that when a Brazilian friend and I go drinking, we just speak to each other in our respective languages and get on with it.

I will listen to it in full and report back

1 Like

That was bloody hard to hear with all the background echo. I did not get that it was anything greatly outside of what you would expect from an unboxing video. They were flipping through and enumerating the contents. I think they were thinking of posting an actual play.

Luke, you might want to approach them directly, given that they are certainly fluent in English as well, or they would not have bought the books. They were translating the headings on the fly, that also indicates a fluency.

1 Like

Thanks Justin!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.