I need clarification

Hello - I bought my copy of Mouse Guard RPG through Amazon, and only recently received it.

It’s quite different to other RPG rules I own, and I’m experiencing a little difficulty in adjusting.

There’s one thing, thus far, that I can’t understand, and it’s on page 110 of the rulebook; the conflict resolution chapter.

let me quote:

“[Liaem’s] losing 10 to 1. He has to do a lot of damage quickly. He spends a persona point and taps his Nature. He adds his Nature rating, 4, to his Fighter 3. He also adds his Determined trait to this roll, and decides to use his +1D Sword bonus, too. (See the Weapons in Conflict section for how that works.) He manages to muster 10 dice.”

I can’t work this out.
Nature 4 + Fighter 3 + Liaem’s Determined trait of 1 (page 40) + the sword’s Useful bonus of 1D only seems to add up to 9 to me.

I fear there’s something I’m not understanding, and until I do, I can’t wrap my head around the game.

Can someone help me out, please?

Looks like you might’ve found a typo!

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe he spent a Persona (for +1D) and spent another Persona to tap Nature, in which case he’d have one more die. I think that’s legal, but I’m not sure and don’t have my book in front of me.

Yeah, I think the “He spends a persona point and taps his Nature” part actually has two things going on. The rulebook is pretty densely packed at some areas, it does help when some things are more spelled out…

But that’s what forums like these are for.

Hah. Yeah, that looks like some legitimate errata. Sorry about that. I think that’s the first real bit!

-Luke

Is there a place where such errata will be listed once it is documented?

You’re looking at it!

No wonder all my googling today for “mouse guard errata” didn’t turn up a thing. Thank you for responding.

D.

ChainmailDoug, now that you posted the phrase “mouse guard errata” this thread is the first result on Google (http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=mouse+guard+errata&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=mouse+guard+errat).

I still think Liaem could of pulled it off…

But, as there’s so far only one, wouldn’t that be an erratum? It’s rare (especially in gaming!) to see the singular used, but there it is.

By the way, Luke, bravo. How many games can you go through a whole chapter and only find one error? You do it in a whole book, so far as I can tell.

It would seen the logical place would be here (http://www.burningwheel.org/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Errata), but I’m not sure if this site is officially sanctioned.

Seems someone should write one up based on the postings here, get Luke’s stamp of approval, then post it to the burningwheel.org site.

Almost seems silly, though, for just one errata. I found a couple of places that might be clarified, but that’s about it.