Inundate & Hesitation

There’s some contradictory text in the Vaylen Infection chapter about whether using an Inundate manoeuvre forces you to lose your next action.

On page 422, the text reads: “If you choose Inundate, you lose your next action as your forces regather themselves and prepare for the next push.” However, the very next page reads: “Any maneuver that defends against an Inundate can cause you to lose your next action in the Infection, because if you don’t win the phase with Inundate, you hesitate!”

So, does playing Inundate always force the side that played it to lose their next action, or does that only happen of the opposing side plays “Any maneuver that defends against an Inundate”? Given the way the whole text reads and the 3D bonus to the test, I’d think it’s the former, but being the nitpicker I am, I just want to be sure.

Hey man, here’s the same quote with the important bit highlighted:

“Any maneuver that defends against an Inundate can cause you to lose your next action in the Infection, because if you don’t win the phase with Inundate, you hesitate!”

In other words, if you pull an Inundate in the Usurpation phase and don’t win the phase right then and there (by reducing your opponent’s disposition to zero), you Hesitate.

Thought so. Thanks for confirming it, Thor.