Laborer (hauling stuff) Factors

Just to clear up my confusion, are the various “levels” of factors for hauling stuff seperated by semi colons? Most other factors are seperated by commas, but it’s different in laborer. If so, are there a total of 11 factors for hauling stuff?

It makes sense that there would be, but I just want to clarify.

Thanks!

Look real close and you’ll see a couple commas, the semicolons separate entries within the same obstacle level.

My question is, when does the Hauling Items list apply? Obviously not when things are put in sacks, maybe when hauling something too big to fit in sacks? So carrying a body over your shoulder is Ob 2? Actually that makes sense, I don’t think I need an answer to that. Sometimes with the factoring system it’s easy to trick yourself into uncertainty regarding which set of factors apply… probably a learn with experience kind of thing.

Thanks for the reply Jovialbard. I think you may be mistaken though. Under Hauling Items the only comma I see is seperating rugs and tapestries. By that reasoning, a column would be the same OB to haul as an armoire. Then again, I could also be mistaken, but that would mean the highest OB for hauling things would be 2. (Since I only see one comma seperating items.

Ha! How many slots does a (humanoid) body take up? I want to say “eight”. Head, neck, hands(2), torso(3), feet. :slight_smile:

(Not a serious question. Just fun conjecture.)

He’s right. The semicolons separate different obstacles, although Bodies would be Ob3 (and I count 12 obstacle levels).

Ah, I see. The semi-colon is used in other factor lists that include lists of factors as well. So hauling a piano is Ob 5… makes more sense than how I interpreted it!

That’s exactly what threw me off. It completely makes sense grammatically, but it was just confusing in comparison to the other obstacles.

yes, you’ve interpreted it correctly. Sorry for the confusion!

I think it would be confusing either way. I see what you were going for with the semi colons, and I think it was appropriate.

At first glance it is definitely confusing to see 12 levels of obstacles, since actually meeting that obstacle is somewhat ludicrous. But then, obstacle 11 is literally carrying a section of wall. Reminds me of the peasant skill obstacles, which are hilarious.

If it’s not nailed down (and it looks fancy), it’s loot.

One of the worst things about Quesquaton: everything in the entire dungeon is very specifically nailed down. You know how long it took to pry that stuff up?

Reminds me of a quote from some the TV show, Jeremiah. “If it ain’t nailed down it’s mine. And if it’s nailed down, I can pry it up.”

I don’t think it’s confusing; I like the APA standard too much to dislike this use of semi-colons.

Me, too. I wish the use was consistently so…

Well the section of wall was ‘nailed down’.

What Jeremiah said. :smiley:

Ob 11, that is going to take a lot of luck and/or Help & Fate & Persona & Nature.

Nothing is impossible! The problem might be finding a buyer for this “authentic piece of Dungeon Wall for your home or lair”…