Learning new skills without taking new lifepaths

Greetings, everyone!

Forgive me for the lack of proper introduction, but I will go straight to the point: is it possible for a character to learn a new skill purely via narrative way, without taking a lifapath that grants such skill? For instance, a Factotum prepares for a long journey to complete a task given by his master and spends his time practicing horse riding. Does this mean that the player can now take a “Rider” skill at 1/6? Or maybe a Philosopher who knows Latin and Greek decides to learn a very specific language like Kurmanji or Sumerian. This might take months or even years, but can they finally achieve a respective skill at 1/6?

I really hope I didn’t miss the answer to my question in the book. If it really is there, I would be glad to know where exactly should I look!

1 Like

The only way to gain skills in the game is to take new lifepaths. That factotum can rent a house and ride it for the journey, but they don’t get the skill.

Languages are different, iirc. They can be gain separately.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.