LFG: Fort Lauderdale FL or Online

I’m a RPGer of 40 years who has been looking for a system that stresses and encourages roleplay while still having enough “crunch” to feel like a simulation and not a writer’s workshop.

I’m very interested in trying Burning Wheel. Although i might eventually run a game I want to get the player experience first. I didn’t find much on Roll20. I’m open to any online medium (FG, R20, Discord or other chat server.)

Is anyone aware of a game looking for players?

2 Likes

I’m in a similar boat.

I might be up for trying to run an one-on-one game for you, if you’d like. :man_shrugging:

Ah. And welcome to the forum.

There is no salvation beyond the Wheel.

1 Like

Thanks. @Mark_Watson offered to run a short intro for me and we’ve been workign up a character.
Why don’t you drop him a note and see if he can include you and kill 2 birds with one stone. Then we can go try to scare up a few more a group ourselves!

Where are you located? Im in EST (FL), Mark is in GMT (England) so he’d probably run somethng at 8PM GMT (3PM EST.)

Groovy. Thanks.

I’m a state or two West of you.

Cool so we can be the core of an EST online group maybe!

I actually have two hosue settings that Im looking at converting to some combination of BW and Torchburner once I have a firmer grasp of things.

One is a fairly traditional high fantasy setting. in fact it looks a lot like Forgotten Realms until you start digging into the whys and wherefores.

The second is a magic-punk-noir setting. Think steampunk-noir and replace steam tech with magic. I have a website for the setting with some system-notes from my previous system (which was loosely based on TORG) here…

https://penumbra-ae.obsidianportal.com/

Any chance you have room for one more? I’m in the Midwest, but after reading over the rule book I’m dying to build a character for something.

Welcome to Hot-Circle-Place!

Hit up Mark Watson and see what’s up!

Hi all.

There should be a message to you all with a link to a GoogleDoc to work out some bits and pieces.

Cheers

Mark

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.