Little help with tech burning

Sorry, I meant stuff like that. Like does getting this enhancement mean you are treated as having each lifepath in the setting?

That seems a bit powerful to me, and I am the person trying to get it!

I am pitching this to my group to get the freedman circle, at either:
a) +1obs blanket or
b) that it uses my actual station in the commune lifepath (which is probably worse for me, since I sit somewhere near highest)

[grumbles at own stupidity] … choosing anvil setting and me with no freedman paths. What was I thinking? [/grumbles at own stupidity]

If I was GM, I’d make up a virus to get you. :wink: The virus would upload your thoughts when you access the database.

I’d do it by accessing the database and then planting the virus in a specific person’s file, so when you scan them you download the virus.

I’d make that person your wife (or someone else very close to you). Every time you see her, all this info gets sent to the Vaylen. This makes it seem like this person is betraying you…

I read this little gem and I think, ‘I must start the Usurpation phase in Burning Nautilus!’

Mel

Well, it seems the highest you can get is an +3 Ob for highest station, +2 for lowest and +1 for one interation difference. I’m of course, puzzled by what to do if you’re looking for someone that’s two iterations above you for example, and isn’t the highest station. Is that a +2 Ob? I’m going to assume so for these calculations.

So I’ve been messing around with various depths for a setting, that is 5,6,7, etc… station/rank depth organizations. The average obstacle starts out near 1, then climbs as you increase the number of levels, reaching around 1.73 for 10 levels. However, that’s fairly simplistic and doesn’t take into account the importance of the higher levels like the +3 Ob, as you’ll be more likely to want to have top access (and it should have a stronger weight in the average, especially as the organization scales).

So two solutions come up:
If you feel like being nice:
+3 Ob to talk to highest rank/station
+2 Ob to talk to lowest rank/station
+1 Ob to all others.

The deeper the organization the lower the obstacle average gets, but not by much and it seems fair enough.

If you want to make it harder/simpler:
Apply a +2 Ob to all circles regardless of rank/station. As if you weight the averages they’re above 2. So a +2 Ob seems more appropriate. Of course, this makes it easier to go for the guy up top, but you can always keep the +3 Ob for him.

A flat +1 Ob is too lenient as even someone with all the lifepaths in one setting doesn’t have such easy access.