Macuahuitl (new weapon)

A wooden club wielded with two handed and fitted with flint or obsidian shards to create a jagged cutting edge on both sides. A 1-handed version exists. It functions like an improvised weapon and the bonus effect as the 2-handed version.

As a club, the macuahuitl counts as an improvised weapon in Fight conflicts to capture or subdue opponents. As a cutting weapon, the 2-handed macuahuitl is fearsome. Treat as a 2-handed sword with the following effects: After causing damage, roll 1D6. On a 1-3, the weapon is damaged. One a roll of 4-5, the weapon is damaged but does an additional point of damage to an opponent*. One a roll of 6, the weapon is undamaged. A damaged macuahuitl becomes a club until repaired (requires raw materials and an armorer test ob 1).

*If your opponent only has a single point of disposition, you do not inflict any bonus damage.

Can’t you make it simpler? Something like:

Macuahuitl
[i]A wooden club wielded with two handed and fitted with flint or obsidian shards to create a jagged cutting edge on both sides. Once per conflict you can choose to deal one extra disposition damage point with an Attack or Feint. After applying this effect the macuahuitl is broken.

A broken macahuitl works like an improvised weapon until repaired. [/i]

Also I’d give it something like +1D to Attack, -1D to Defend.

Love the idea of introducing native american weapons to the armory :wink:

Stay cool :cool:

I’m into the RNG.