Magic Item: Arcane Proxy

After some events in my campaign I have to come up with some new arcane discovery from a mad magician and a guild of dwarven alchemists. I came up with this magic item, but I like you guys to look it over for some feedback. Is it too weak/powerful? Badly written? Are the stats correct? The idea is for it to be impressive but accessible. I’m planning for it to be a plot hook on the future.

Arcane Proxy
This vial is filled with a white-blue luminescent plasmic substance that swirls and crawls, seemingly trying to escape from it’s glass prison.
Level: 2
Effect: this Aenima filled vial absorbs any arcane spell targeted directly to it. When worn or carried the vial absorbs any spell originally targeted to the wearer.

After absorbing the spell the vial explodes, being permanently destroyed.

Inventory: Worn 1, Hands/carried 1.
Type: Magical clothing.

Stay cool :cool:

The automatic absorption is pretty potent for level 2. How about making it like armor, where you roll a die? If successful, it’s destroyed.

Hey! I like the idea!

Arcane Proxy
This vial is filled with a white-blue luminescent plasmic substance that swirls and crawls, seemingly trying to escape from it’s glass prison.
Level: 2
Effect: this Aenima filled vial absorbs any arcane spell targeted directly to it. When worn or carried the vial absorbs any spell originally targeted to the wearer.

When the wearer is affected by an arcane spell, roll 1d6. 1-3 the spell bypasses the Arcane Proxy. 4+ the spell is absorbed by the Aenima, nullifying its effect and the vial is destroyed.

Inventory: Worn 1, Hands/carried 1.
Type: Magical clothing.

What about now? Also any help with the wording is welcome, English is not my native language and I also want this item to look as “official” as it can.
Stay cool :cool:

What about rolling against the circle of the spell? So first circle spells are always absorbed, but 2nd circle spells are absorbed on 2-6. If there are ever 7th circle spells they would ignore the puny arcane proxy every time.

In my own progression to 10th level, the highest Circle spells Magicians get is 4th.

6: +1st Circle Spell
7: +3rd Circle Spell
8: +2nd Circle Spell
9: +3rd Circle Spell
10: +4th Circle Spell