Mausugado: Mouse Guard in Feudal Japan

Um…Its a nice quote, but I’m not sure what it means or how you meant for me to use it.

hello. im question: What does “Masakatsu Agatsu” mean?

(Dammit. How do you do tabs here so I can seperate the names and translations below?)

Sorry for the delay in updates. Been busy working on it, but not to a point where I felt an update would do any good until now. The following is an excerpt from the chapter explaining the “territories” of the 9th Empire. Its still not complete, but I have a question for you guys. I’ve named each city and provided the Empire/Japanese translation for each. I did both so that anyone who utilizes the world can use whichever translation they want. However, I’m torn on which to use in the text of the book. For example, Scalekeep is the Mausugado home in this world. The Empire translation for this is Sukērukīpu. In the text describing the town and any other texts in the book (and on the map, for that matter), should I refer to it as Scalekeep or Sukērukīpu? I like using the Japanese translation for immersion’s sake, but the English translation would probably be easier to remember while playing. Would you guys have a preference?

Kingdoms and Island Nations: In the Mousugado world, there is one true Empire under mouse control. The 9th Empire is divided into five shogunates (still referred to in the old way as the Five Kingdoms) and two minor island nations. These areas are then divided into eight major, seventeen minor and eleven undefined provinces. Lastly, there is the enemy Kingdom of Rats, formerly an Empire nation, now inhabited by the barbaric ratto. The names of each of the areas are listed below, with both the Empire name and the western translation:

Empire Western Translation
Dai Kyū Teikoku The 9th Empire

The Five Kingdoms Western Translation
Gin Chō Silver Butterfly
Gōrudendoragon Golden Dragon
Nihonjika Island Sika Deer Island
Tanuki Island Raccoon Dog Island
Yamadori Copper Pheasant

Minor Nations Western Translation
Tonbo Isles Dragonfly Isles
Ōkōmori Isles Flying Fox Isles

Major Provinces Western Translation
Burakkusutōn Blackstone
Dōnoyakan Copperkettle
Hakuryuu IvoryDragon
Hanaki Blossomwood
Aware Vale Starlight Vale
Komorebi Port Mangrove Port
Ōkurīfu ga Teika Oakleaf Falls
Sukērukīpu Scalekeep

Minor Provinces Western Translation
Aianhōsu Ironhorse
Anbākoke Ambermoss
Chiheisen Horizon
Futagoki Twintrees
Fuyu no Hinansho Winter Haven
Hiyama Quarry Hiyama Quarry
Kodokunaishi Lonestone
Koshō chūkū Pepper Hollow
Kumo no One Spider Ridge
Ochitaki no Hashi Felltree Bridge
Ryuingu Dragonwing
Shingurusuteppu Singlestep
Shirukuuddo Silkwood
Sorahi Skyfire
Tani Nakisaken Wail Valley
Yoi Namida Goodtear
Yuzumura Yuzu Village

Undefined Provinces Western Translation
Aisumachi Icetown
Chikusa Bloodgrass
Enko Saltlake
Koinagawa Coincreek
Kurodoro Blackmuck
Saigohōmu Lasthome
Shiroitsurī Whitetree
Takaigake Highcliff
Tawā Belltower
Wamizun Nowater
Watageha Fluffleaf

Enemy Land Western Translation
Rattokoku Kingdom of Rats

I know this seems like a lot, but it isn’t really. I’ll explain more later. I just want to know what you guys think about the names and/or translations.

Ok, I know its been more than a little while since my last update, but I just don’t have the time to dedicate to this as much as I’d like. However, the good news is that, as far as I can tell, it’s done. I’d love it if you guys could read through it and/or create some characters and play. I encourage you to give me input, post your ideas, share your characters, etc. I’d be happy to make any needed changes and fix any mistakes you guys might find. Let me know what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82hg9pv9lq631ib/The%20Ninth%20Empire%20copy.pdf?dl=0