MG/Continuum: Your Yet is Burning

I just finished up running a 7-session MG game and am trying to figure out what to do next. I have long admired many parts of the indie time-travel game Continuum – which, coincidentally enough, also uses a kind of action scripting to handle time combat – but the system itself is needlessly fiddly and not nearly as elegant as MG.

So I just finished hacking MG to run Continuum in a way that I think is going to be really cool. The character and combat sheets I made for the game are posted up here (PDF). I’m only having a problem trying to figure out what the “Cobweb” stratagem should do, aside from serving as a Feint. If anyone else out there is familiar with both Continuum and Mouse Guard, I would definitely appreciate some help.

Otherwise, I think most people with knowledge of both games should be able to run this pretty easily, just from the character sheets. Once I actually get around to playtesting this hack, I’ll try to write up a one-sheet of guidelines for making it work well.

Super cool! I wish I had more to say!

Thanks, Luke! I’ll run it for you sometime, once it’s been playtested more.

Post up more when you’ve had a chance to run the time combat thing. What a great way to abstract out Continuum-style timewar stuff w/o dealing with the fussiness of yet and spanbooks and stuff.

p.

There have been some updates to this over at the Story Games forum.

http://www.story-games.com/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=9027

I’ve asked them to drop their ideas over here but in the mean time you might want to check it out. It’s starting to look pretty cool.