Mouse Guard Javelin Thrower?

So then to make a throw-only javelin, my armorer skill check I’m looking to pass is Ob 2?

But If I want to combo that javelin with spear, making it both a thrown weapon (Ob 2) and spear (Ob 3), it will be an Ob 5 armorer skill check?

Yes, that is correct.

Okay, a few last-minute question for the experts.

I decide to go the route of the Ob.2 throw-only javelin. I get into a scenario where I end up fighting a bullfrog. During the encounter, I start off the fight by lobbing a javelin into it’s face from a few paces away. (So that javelin is gone.) The amphibian jumps my way closing the gap that was between us and now I am fighting for my life face-to-face.

Here’s my first question. With the bullfrog looming in front of me, do I now follow the rules for a fighting style without any pluses or minuses? (i.e. Attack -, Defend - Maneuver - , feint - )

Second question. Since I threw my initial javelin, do I not have any time to draw my next weapon from the quiver to use? So I’m fighting with my paws only?

1.) Yes. Weapons are color and bonuses on certain actions. There’s no penalty for fighting unarmed, but you’d best describe your actions appropriately.

2.) I’d say yes, but also I think I’ve let players spend successes from successful Maneuvers on arming or re-arming themselves.

Technicall, you change weapons between exchanges.

So the scenario might play like this:

Action 1
Bullfrog = Maneuver (Jumps towards my position.)
Mouse = Attack (Throw the javelin at the frog.)

I now have the ability to draw a NEW javelin replacing the one I already threw.

Action 2
Bullfrog = Attack
Mouse = Feint

Action 3
Bullfrog = Defend (Cover his face with his front legs.)
Mouse = Attack (Jab at his face with a no bonus/penalty javelin.)

No. After three actions are played, when you’re choosing new actions, you can change your weapon.

Well, I finished reading Musashi, but I still have no idea what this has to do with throwing staves… …I apparently need to ‘investigate this thoroughly’.

Hm. In the version I read, there was a thrown staff.

So my character Henson Burl has himself a set of five quivers. (Our GM is a great guy) Anyway, we haven’t reached an obstacle needing him to launch them at any attackers, but for now, this character is my favorite that I am currently using.