Mouse Guard Long Con

I’m planning a three day Long Con of Mouse Guard: we’ll be playing a series of Mouse Guard sessions back to back with the same crew over the course of a long weekend. I’m not sure how many sessions we’ll have time to do, but I wanted to have a lot of material to draw from, since I won’t have much time to prep between sessions.

I drafted an outline for the missions (two per season) and I’d be interested in any feedback. My goal was to create a variety of missions that have an overarching premise: something that would feel cohesive but not repetitive. In play, I imagine these missions will change quite a bit based on the beliefs and goals of the Guard mice, but I also don’t want to have to rely completely on improvised stakes.

I also wanted to choose missions that would leave a lot of loose ends to potentially be resolved in the player turn. Most of the missions are defensive and logistical. If the patrol want to try to win back lost territories, they have to try that on their own time.

Let me know what you think!

2 Likes

My only critique, and it’s not much of one, is that it seems to start with the weasels right away.

It seems to me like a Mouse Guard arc usually starts with a more run of the mill mission (find the grain merchant, deliver the medicine) that balloons into a crisis or conspiracy in the field. The call to adventure is usually just the tip of the iceberg.

But there’s no reason it couldn’t work the way you’ve laid out here.

1 Like

True. A more pastoral start might provide good contrast for the later conflicts. I think I’ll push that first siege back a season.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.