New lifepath - Anvil Quartermaster

EDIT: The stats in this thread are working drafts. Please see the final versions on the Burning Empires Wiki.

I can stop any time I want to. Really.

Quartermaster
Setting: Anvil
Time: 5 yrs
Resources: 2
Circles: 1
Stat bonus: none
Skills: 7 pts: Bargaining (Wil), Scavenging (Per/Agi), Bureaucracy (Wil/Per), Appraisal (Per), Requisitioning-at-gunpoint-wise (Per), Best Loot-wise (Per), Camp Follower-wise (Per)
Traits: 1 pt: REMF, Hard-nosed, Formalist, Hopelessly Corrupt
Requirements: HQ Staff, X-O, Courtier, Hammer Master, Sodalis-Captain, League Official, or any Lord (Anvil, Hammer, Court, or Forged)

On Chris Moeller’s whole theme that the Iron Empires mix modern and historical – I’m thinking very much of the scene in Glory where the Union colonel of “colored troops” played by Matthew Broderick goes to the lavishly appointed quartermaster’s office trying to get some goddamned boots for his men, for crying out loud.

I should probably add “Remarkably Honest” to the trait list, just in case people want to take the LP and not be bastards.

And also:

Note: Quartermaster allows Anvil Captain.

I was just thinking, there are areas of Anvil service I feel are underrepresented with sufficient specificity with the current lifepaths. Think you can take a swipe at the following?

• Anvil Cook
  • Anvil Stablemaster
  • Anvil Potato-peeler
  • Anvil Parking Garage Attendant
  • Anvil Janitorial Service
  • Anvil Veterinarian’s Technician
  • Anvil Uniformed Mascot
  • Anvil Zamboni Driver

I note the last one only because I’ve had three – three! – requests from players for some sweet Anvil Zamboni action. Thanks for the help, Syd!

p.

(All in good fun, bro! If we need to start a separate stateside pbp BE game, so be it…)

Hey, there’s a Cook lifepath in the Hammer setting! I think potato-peeling is already covered by the “Soldiering” skill, though.

But, damn, don’t tempt me to Tech Burn up a Zamboni.

Oh, dear God. I can see it now: Disney’s Burning Empires On Ice

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hey, you also need this guy to play the first issue of Faith Conquers, though (he’s the one who whines about not being able to afford so many live-fire exercises)…

So, any substantive comments, or shall I just slap this onto my list of new Anvil lifepaths on the Wiki? (And I promise, this is my last Anvil LP. I was tempted by “Judge Advocate” but Inquisitor, Circle of 10,000, Justiciar, or Constable plus Military Police already does that just fine).

Revised version now on the Wiki:

Quartermaster
Setting: Anvil

Time: 5 yrs

Resources: 2

Circles: 1

Skills: 6 pts: Bureaucracy (Wil/Per), Scavenging (Per/Agi), Bargaining (Wil), Requisitioning-at-gunpoint-wise (Per), Best Loot-wise (Per), Camp Follower-wise (Per)

Traits: 1 pt: REMF, Hard-nosed, Surprisingly Honest, Hopelessly Corrupt

Note: Quartermaster allows Anvil Captain, League Official, Hammer Master, Fence, and Whoremonger