New to the game, got the handbooks, need some advice about Gold updates

Hi everyone!
I bought BWG the day it came out and I loved it so much that, as a friend of mine recommended me to do, I also purchased the main supplements (Adventure Burner, Magic Burner and Monster Burner). However, since those were made for the revised edition, there are some details I have no clue about:

1. Apparently, sorcery used to go with Will + Skill as a die pull, while now it goes with Skill only. Does it mean that the MB is basically useless, as the Ob of those spells were made with a pool twice the present size in mind?
  2. Creatures in the Mb have a “Speed Multiplier”, which (I understand) has been substituted with Pace in the Gold Edition. How do I convert Speed Multiplier into Pace?

Thanks for your attention and get ready for some more stupid questions :smiley:

1. Only the Abstractions system uses the old Spell Weaver (Will+Skill) rule. All of the other systems use the rules described in the Magic Burner.

2. Stride. Folks are multiplying by two. I’ll release a chart one of these days.

Uh, I don’t get this one. Does it mean “just use the Magic Burner rules as writter” or… not?

1. Stride. Folks are multiplying by two. I’ll release a chart one of these days.

Thanks.

The Sorcery+Will is Spellweaver, which is no longer used in BWG. In the Magic Burner, the only Magic System that uses Spellweaver is Abstractions. Everything else should be fine as is.

So yes, spells have a higher chance of failure in Gold. Now it’s a tough decision to cast a spell, rather than an “Instant Win” button.