New weapons for the guard

Before I start, I know the weapons in the game are just tools to make the story go forward, but reading the MG expansion I like the Siena´s Mace traits and decided to create new set of weapons for the game.

Greatsword
Very Deadly: +2s after a successful Attack.
Heavy: -1D Health to recover from fatigue if the greatsword was used in a fight during the last Turn.
Requires two hands and can’t be used with a shield.

War Flail (Infantry weapon)
Agressive: +1D to attack action.
Very Hard to Master: -1D to Defend and Maneuver.

Flail (Peasant weapon)
Hard to Master: -1D to Defend.
Can be used with a shield.

Rapier
Thrusting: You gain +1s to Attack actions against opponents that is not armed with weapons that have Thrusting, Close Ranks or Short and Quick traits.
Light Weapon: +1D to Maneuver.
Can be used with a shield or Dagger.

Dagger
Close Ranks: +1D Defend.
Thrown: When throwing a dagger against anything except a bow or sling, your Attack action counts as versus against an opponent’s Attack and is independent against Maneuver. Once you throw your knife, it’s gone!

What do you think?

Thanks for your time,

Alessandro Franzen
Brazil

I’ll add these to my weapon charts! Thanks!

What’s the advantage of the War Flail over the Flail? Both have +1D to Attack, but the War Flail is harder to master and can’t be used with a shield? Why would you use the War Flail?

When I write the rule for the Flails, I commit a mistake with names and accidentally use Defend intead of Maneuver for the negative aspect of the Flail… Both are the same kind of weapon, but their function and flavor are different. The Peasant Flail is used by commoners and consists of a very long shaft with a hinged, roughly cylindrical striking end. In most cases these are two-handed agricultural flails, which were sometimes employed as an improvised weapon by peasant armies conscripted into military service or engaged in popular uprisings. (these you can found in Farms, villages or small towns). The other type of European flail is a shorter weapon consisting of a wooden haft connected by a chain, rope, or leather to one or more roughly spherical striking ends. Modern works variously refer to this particular weapon as a “military flail,” “mace-and-chain” or “chain mace,” and sometimes erroneously label them as simply a “mace” or morning star, terms which technically apply only to rigid weapons. Some historians refer to this weapon as a kettenmorgenstern (“chain morning star”) to distinguish it from the rigid weapon. So the Military Flail is reserved for trained knights or a veteran army soldier.

When I was creating this new weapons I keep in mind all historical information and try to use different approach to simulate this in Mouse Guard without breaking the game.

The correct stats of those Flails are:

Peasant Flail

Very Hard to Master: -1D to Defend and Maneuver.

War Flail
Hard to Master: -1D to MANEUVER.
Can be used with a shield.

All my best regards,