News From Lockhaven

*Team Rules: found 'em pretty straightforward, but if you made them easier to work with I’m happy to see what they’re like.
*Wises- not a fan of this change, the wises rules are my least favorite in the otherwise awesome game Torchbearer. Could you explain a bit more why you went with Torchbearer rules? What’m I missing here?
*Recruitment- Those rules were so fast already! I’m really excited to see how you improved them!

I guess my major question is this: I own the original box set. I thought the original game was perfect (and my wife adores the game, which is always helpful!). What do I gain by getting a new edition?

A second edition of the Mouse Guard game??? I cannot wait! I give you my VISA straight away!

I missed the Boxed set of the first edition, this time is not going to happen! I will buy everything!!

These are really great news. Let’s hope Archaia won’t take too much time.
Thank you David and Luke for sharing this news with us.

I missed that part! I am starting some gentle spamming to them :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you guys know can I order it to Europe?

Sure, just ask a friendly comic dealer. I bought my copy of first edition at Comix, Hannover. But you will have to wait for Archaia announcing the 2nd Edition in the Comic Previews. Usually three months before release.

Hiya Spyder,
Not going to force you or your wife to buy the boxed set! I’m very glad you two like the game. Personally, I think there are weak parts of the design, so I tweaked them a bit for this new edition.

Best,
-Luke

Luke, I’d love to hear your thoughts on Mouse Guard’s design, especially now, being years out from the original release.

I have the original hardback but, I missed out on the boxed set. That said I’ll be sure to pick up the 2nd edition once it’s released. As far as S&S I just backed it and definitely looking forward to playing it. It will be cool to incorporate S&S into a MG rpg session.

Hey Luke!

I didn’t mean to come off as cranky! I was asking on a more technical level what you found weak about the original version of the game. I love picking apart mechanics and, since I haven’t run across any problems with Mouseguard, was wanting to be enlightened as to what you saw. I mean, chances are I’ll geek out and try and buy it anyway.

almost two months since the last post.
I was getting ready to purchase the pdf of mouseguard now but I’m going to wait for version 2.0

When can we purchase the pdf of v2? and where does everything stand.

Hiya,
I’ve submitted all files to the publisher. You can direct all inquires to them via twitter: @archaia and @boomstudios. It really does help when you ask!

I would also recommend pestering them on their facebook pages as well!

Please consider this opportunity to inquire with @Archaia about the progress of the MG RPG 2E.

This is slightly off topic. Sorry for that, but I have a few questions:

1. Weren’t the 1st edition RPG rules available for purchase form Archaia? I do not see them on their website now. Anyone have a lead for them?
  2. Is there any discussion of making the 1st edition rules (pdf) available for cheap/free now that the 2nd edition is done, but stalled? (I am not trying to get something for nothing here, but I have been patiently waiting on Archaia to do a reprint of the 1st ed/print of the 2nd edition for 1.5 years now! I have read almost every thread on this forum and want to start playing already!)
  3. Luke and Thor, if you two play MG at this point, are you using the 1st edition rules or your new rules?

I have emailed Archaia multiple times expressing interest in the 2nd edition of the RPG. I have never received a response. I don’t believe they are listening.

Thanks!

EDIT: I did find this: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/96735/Mouse-Guard-RPG-New-Rules-New-Missions, but it looks to just be the supplement, not the entire rules. Is that correct?

Rusty:

Here are the full rules from Drivethru RPG: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/60496/Mouse-Guard-Roleplaying-Game?manufacturers_id=119 (on discount)

Hi Rusty,
Sorry for the delay. We’re trying as best we can to get the game out. You’ve been waiting two years, we’ve been waiting four!

We’re almost there.
-L

Thanks to both of you for the responses. I relocated the Archaia tweet (from October, or so) about an early 2015 release date. That, along with the loan of the rulebook from an unexpected source, has bolstered my patience. The book is fantastic, of course, and finally reading the rules makes all the posts I have read make a LOT more sense! :rolleyes:

(As an aside, my first question was supposed to be asking about Archaia selling a pdf of the rules, not a book. :smiley: )

I am going so much to get the box edition this time!!

Same here, I’m going to try and preorder it through my FLGS!!

Also, here is an article about the upcoming release:

[b][u]NEW ‘MOUSE GUARD’ RPG[/u][/b]
Second Edition Releases in April
January 30 2015 @ 2:49 pm CT

BOOM! Studios announced its Archaia Entertainment imprint will release a second edition of the award-winning Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game in April. The release will include both a hardcover rulebook and a box set edition.

The Eisner Award-winning Mouse Guard comic is an all ages anthropomorphic epic fantasy series written and drawn by David Peterson. The RPG, designed by Luke Crane and David Petersen, was the winner of the 2009 Origins Award for “Best Role-Playing Game” (see “‘Pandemic,’ ‘Awakening the Bear’ Win ‘Origins’” ), and Archaia released a box set in 2011 (see “‘Mouse Guard’ RPG Box Set”).

The new Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Box Set, Second Edition includes everything players need to know about the world of the Guard. The revised and update rulebook includes information for forming patrols and leading missions and features new art from David Petersen. Additional Action, Weapon, and Condition cards are also included. The box measures 8.5” x 8.5” x 2.5”. MSRP is $69.99.

The new Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game, Second Edition hardcover is a 320-page, full color, 8” x 8” volume. MSRP is $34.99.