Amazingly, I’ve never encountered this problem, in years of playing BW. Usually we have light and superficial wounds and it’s not an issue…or a strong enough wound that somebody is out immediately.
So here’s the situation, we’ve got a character with 2 Midi wounds. That’s -2D and -2D. They’ve stopped the bleeding on both, so have to get Treatment in the next scene or we get Severe(s).
Now here’s the questions:
- That’s two separate Treatment tests, right? (just like we did for bleeding)
- Can you make both Recovery tests right away?
- Are Recovery times concurrent or subsequent?
I can’t see #3 specifically addressed in the chapter. Here are my guesses, because it’s Burning Wheel:
- Yep, test two times. Two opportunities for a permanent -1D.
- Yes, two Recovery tests, and go ahead and make them right away. Two opportunities for a permanent -1D, -1 stat cap, and a trait.
- No. That’s 2-12 weeks for each (reduced by extra successes).