Phase intent question...

Let’s say your world’s government starts as Anarchic/Lawless. You want to change it but you don’t want to put any of the other factions in charge. Can you “spawn” a faction during play and elevate it to the dominant government as a phase intent? So, there’s no Civilian Commune faction but you say, “I want to hold free elections, to install a government by the people and for the people.” It breaks the RAW (which say you must elevate an existing faction) but is it within the RAI? Thanks.
M

I think you would need to make the existence of the faction an intent before but i don’t know…

No, page 408 is quite clear on this. If you had a Merchant League you could have an intent to switch to a government “by and for the people” but all the candidates are members of the oligarchy. The important thing here is not what you call it but what it is. For example, the government of the Sudan in the end of the 20th century would never have called itself a Military Junta, but that’s what it was (and still is).